Vern's Verbal Vibe

Singer-songwriter/multi-instrumentalist and purveyor of folk 'n' roll: spirit-filled sad songs made better.

February 21, 2006

Stamina

It's not been an easy week. For the most part, though, I've been able to fight through it and continue working. Today I revised the first part of Chapter 14. Before I bring an excerpt to my writing group, I read it aloud and make changes at home. It's nitpicky, difficult work, but this afternoon, I did it. This evening at group, I read the end of Chapter 12, went to the pub with my writer friends afterwards, came home and incorporated their suggestions into the next draft. After that, I printed/collated several copies of next week's reading, the first half of Chapter 13. I didn't feel up to any of this, and look at what I accomplished. I'm learning to give myself credit for (and take pride in) how much I am able to get done on a bad day.

As for the sleep situation, the chronotherapy escapade has been a success. For seven days in a row, I've been asleep by two and up at ten. Regular, sufficient sleep isn't doing wonders for my mood yet, but it is boosting my productivity. I'll have to be strict about my bedtime in order to prevent backsliding. Part of me truly bristles at this, but I know it's for the best.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

That's awesome news about the chronotherapy! And congratulations on making such progress when it really felt like work. I can't wait to celebrate with you when you've written the last page :)

9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home